View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 03:03 PM   #3
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
I think for Android/mobile devices, it's different than your PC. I had success with Incoming messages, but no success with outgoing messages, even by following Shaw's documentation I found (see below). I gave up for now...may try calling shaw tech support one of these days to see if one of the techs can help me out...

If anyone can get this to work, let me know. I think the key to it not working has something to do with the authentication not working, and having no way of turning off authentication - but that's just a guess.

Android
Setting Up an Email Account
1.Select the Application icon.
2.Select Email icon.
3.If this is your first email account you will be presented with an email setup screen. Otherwise, press the Menu button, and tap the 'Add Account' button.
4.In the Type your account email address box, enter your full email address.
5.In the second box, enter your email account password.
6.Select the Manual setup button.
7.Choose the POP3 account button.
8.Enter the following information in the spaces provided:
a.Username - Enter your full email address. ***I just entered my email without the @shaw.ca and this worked!

b.Password - Enter your email account password.
c.POP server - pop.shaw.ca
d.Port - 110
e.Security type - None
9.Select Next. The device will connect to the internet and check your incoming settings.
10.On the Outgoing server settings screen, enter the following information in the spaces provided:
◦SMTP server - mail.shaw.ca
◦Port - 587
◦Security - TLS (accept all certificates)
Note: Ensure Port is still 587.
11.Select Require sign-in checkbox.
12.In the Username box, enter your full email address. ****I tried this with and without the @shaw.ca, and neither worked. Still got an error that my email/pw was incorrect when authentication was performed.
13.In the Password box, enter your email account password.
14.Select the Next button. The device will connect to the Internet and check your outgoing settings.
15.On the Account options screen, select your Email checking frequency.
Note: Changing frequency will impact battery life.
16.Under Notify me when email arrives checkbox to see an alert on the status bar when you have new email.
17.Name your account as desired.
18.Enter your name as you want it displayed in email.

Last edited by pokee; 11-04-2011 at 03:07 PM.
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote