View Single Post
Old 07-21-2011, 08:32 PM   #2
Snauzoo
Enthusiast
Snauzoo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Snauzoo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Snauzoo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad
There are two ways to do this -you can add them to iTunes the same way as music files, and then edit the iTunes metadata, or you can connect your iPad to your computer, do not run iTunes, and use Calibre. You will see on the right-click for each title the option to send to device. Personally, I like to use iTunes method, since there are a lot of other things in the info page for each book that I like to add. I have a bunch of other tricks I have gathered here but basically, if the book does not look good in the calibre reader, it will look bad on the iPad. I generally dump my books into automatically add to iTunes folder, and then fire up iTunes. It is smart enough to realize they are books, not music. iTunes does not extract publish date from the metadata, so you need to add that if you want to, manually, same as you would do with music files.
Snauzoo is offline   Reply With Quote