View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 04:12 PM   #3
Harmon
King of the Bongo Drums
Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Excelsior! (Strange...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll View Post
Asimov's classic "Lucky Starr" series is basically Sherlock Holmes + Science Fiction, if you're into that sort of thing (right down to Holmes and Watson expy characters!). I'm very fond of the series, but you can't get it in eBook form, such a pity.
(If you can't get it in ebook, does it exist?)

Okay, what you need is....Judge Dee!

Quote:
http://www.press.uchicago.edu/books/freeEbook.html

Free e-book!
The Chinese Maze Murders: A Judge Dee Mystery
Robert van Gulik

E-book Free! See below (about e-books)

Poisoned plums, a cryptic scroll picture, passionate love letters, and a hidden murderer with a penchant for torturing and killing women lead Judge Dee to the heart of the Governor’s garden maze and the answers to three interwoven mysteries. The Chinese Maze Murders was the first of van Gulik’s Judge Dee mystery novels.
(Despite the description, this book, written in the 1950s, should not contain any descriptions that will bother the OP. Or me. I get bothered easily...)

Quote:
"Judge Dee belongs in that select group of fictional detectives headed by the renowned Sherlock Holmes. I assure you it is a compliment not given frivolously." - Robert Kirsch, Los Angeles Times"
This ebook, from this source, will be for the Sony EBRs. I suspect it will work on Nook, too. It's also available for Kindle on Amazon.

Last edited by Harmon; 07-06-2011 at 05:05 PM.
Harmon is offline   Reply With Quote