View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 05:41 AM   #3
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray_Mouser View Post
- I would have prefered an eInk screen, but I can't say I ever had any issue with LCD screens. Still, do you think it's possible to read ebooks for a few hours without eye strain? We're talking about a couple of hours during the week end, or an hour in the evening before sleeping.
This is entirely a personal issue. I find the answer to be yes, provided you set the brightness to a suitably low level for your environment, others would find the answer to be no.

Quote:
What is the expected autonomy for reading? (I'm considering buying the wifi version by the way) Is it possible to read while it's charging?
At least 10 hours and probably more, with no network activity and low brightness. Yes the iPad s fully functional while charging.

Quote:
Is it convenient to watch videos? How hard is it to convert them to the right format? Is it possible to plug headphones?
There are also apps which will play a much wider range of video formats without converting. I use OPlayerHD. Yes, there is a headphone socket. You can also watch videos streamed from your computer and converted on the fly.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote