View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 01:33 PM   #59
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Until very recently (a little over a week) I have been using FBReader on my HTC EVO 4G and Mobi Reader on my PC and Asus tablet/convertable, Using DarkReversaer and Calibre to give me DRM free compatible files for each. I ran across a book that I couldn’t find in Mobi format, so I decided to buy the Kindle version and since I had Kindle readers on ALL of my devices I just used that.

In spite of the fact that the Kindle readers are relatively featureless, I discovered that WhisperSync more than made up for two page display, swipe to change page, et. al. missing features. Since I frequently jump from device to device to read depending on my circumstances, having them automatically synced rather than doing clumsy word searches to sync them is WONDERFUL.

I don’t mind the DarkReverser/Calible/USB flail to load books, but the sync feature alone is worth it. And one click/Whispernet downloads is just icing.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote