View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 06:53 AM   #59
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
They didn't say "no need to change anything". They said "no need to race to the bottom price". We know that they and Amazon bought up the first half year of the Pearl production, do you think Sony is going to just give up that investment?
Maybe they didn't say that, but that's sure as anything what I heard.
WTR Pearl screens, I don't know who-gone-and-done what, I'm just saying Sony need to offer us something. Cool factor alone just doesn't cut it any more - besides Apple's got game already.

And I fully agree what SensualPoet says here in his post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualPoet View Post
But this is precisely the point: Sony is sitting on the sidelines when the correct response in a rapidly evolving market is to ... evolve. I am surprised you are advocatnig Sony should not embrace innovation and merely wait-and-see and then buy smaller companies that do demonstrate they understand the market.

And any executive leading a division whose mandate is to "wait and see" without having a clear vision of where the market will be in six months time (and a plan B if that is wrong), ought not be in charge. Alas, you may well have identified the real problem at Sony.
m-reader is offline   Reply With Quote