View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 11:18 PM   #11
Liviu_5
Books and more books
Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Nook Color, Itouch, Nokia770, Sony 650, Sony 700(dead), Ebk(given)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
Amazon has a micropayments system in Beta now. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.
At Amazon you can or at least could definitely buy .49$ items (remember those original shorts - I bought several), but you have a credit card on file.

The problem is how you do it at many sites without having a credit card on file with them and without purchasing a minimum set amount with them either.

For example I love PayPal and I use it at most sites that accept it, but many of them balk at purchases below 5$, and you have to buy a 5$ PayPal credit with them to avoid penalties and that is exactly what I do not want to do in a micro payments situation.

The "centralizer" of this payments has to be willing to accept say .05$ charges from thousands of sites without charging them too much for the service - at PayPal the minimum charge is .3$ something as far as I remember.
Maybe Amazon can do it, maybe someone else...
Liviu_5 is offline   Reply With Quote