View Single Post
Old 12-13-2022, 08:12 PM   #564
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by MllwAlms View Post
I'm having the exact same issue. From what I've found, all signs point to bad emmc. In recovery, using bist and then mmcinfo, I received the following message.

According to this thread, this signifies the bad emmc. My device still functions fine and reboots. Is this really bad emmc? I'm wondering if fw 5.12.2 is causing this.
What happens if you side load a new book to the Kindle? If it does appear to be successfully loaded and you are able to open it to read, what happens if you restart the Kindle? Is the new book still there after a restart?

If this works then it seems to me the emmc is working. Perhaps one of the partitions is damaged? I imagine a damaged partition can be restored or corrected, but I don't know the procedures and suspect it varies by model and firmware.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote