View Single Post
Old 04-05-2021, 06:00 PM   #6
chipmunks
chipmunks began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
Everything except your Calibre Connect/Share issue is "working as designed". For that one, in Calibre, go to Preferences / Sharing books by email and see what you have setup.

If you want to send from Gmail, you will need to turn on 2-factor authentication in Gmail and use the Gmail feature to create an "app password" so that Calibre can bypass the 2-factor auth. Once you have that, the calibre settings are:
send email from = your gmail address
hostname = smtp.gmail.com
port = 587
username = your gmail address
password = the app password
encryption = TLS

This also works if you use the gmail feature to allow "less secure apps", but Google automatically turns that setting off if you don't use it for a while.

If you are using GMX to send the email from within Calibre, then you will have to login to the GMX account each time and respond to the confirmation email that Amazon will send you.

I think you are misremembering how this used to work. Sideloaded files do not ever get uploaded to Amazon's cloud.
Ah yes, thank you for the detailed explanation! I was mistaken to think that sideloaded apps via USB shows up on my Content and Devices page/cloud. I followed your instructions and it now works! THANK YOU SO MUCH! I must've overlooked this part when I was setting up Calibre.
chipmunks is offline   Reply With Quote