View Single Post
Old 01-20-2021, 08:59 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas_Georg View Post
Hi! I need to remove unnecessary hyphens in an epub3, and have tried the heuristic processing option when converting from epub to epub. It seems that Calibre also edits file structure and contents, leaving the resulting epub3 unusable to my needs.

I have tried to tweak the settings to make Calibre edit just the hyphens, but to no avail. Is there a way to just remove the unnecessary hyphens without editing the entire epub?
The hyphens are not in the eBook.The hyphens are from the program being used to display the eBook. In the CSS, you can turn off hyphenation using the following CSS code. This is the body style I use with the code for turning off hyphenation. This will turn off hyphenation for the entire eBook.

Code:
body {
  widows: 1;
  orphans: 1;
  margin-top: 0;
  margin-right: 0;
  margin-bottom: 0;
  margin-left: 0;
  text-align: justify;
  -epub-hyphens: none;
  -webkit-hyphens: none;
  hyphens: none;