View Single Post
Old 05-27-2010, 03:50 PM   #4
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
I'm not sure what format you use, so I didn't put in the links.

Leblanc, Maurice is one I haven't read but just recently caught my eye (especially, when I saw this one ): Arsene Lupin vs Herlock Sholmes, the Blonde Lady -- uploaded by crutledge

Quote:
Maurice-Marie-Émile Leblanc (11 November 1864 - 6 November 1941) was a French novelist and writer of short stories, known primarily as the creator of the fictional gentleman thief and detective Arsène Lupin, often described as a French counterpart to Conan Doyle's creation Sherlock Holmes.
Maurice LeBlanc became famous for the creation of Arsene Lupin, a gentleman thief and master of disguise. LeBlanc was born to a wealthy family, studied law, worked as a police reporter for a time, then found his career as a fiction writer. His first Lupin novel was hugely popular and set the pattern for his career. While LeBlanc wrote much other fiction, it was the Lupin series which made him internationally famous, the French equivalent of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
Hornung, E.W.: Raffles Omnibus -- uploaded by HarryT
from HarryT's post which is from wikipedia
Quote:
A.J. Raffles is a character created in the 1890s by E. W. Hornung, a brother-in-law to Arthur Conan Doyle, the creator of Sherlock Holmes. Raffles is, in many ways, a deliberate inversion of Holmes — he is a "gentleman thief," living in "The Albany", a very upscale address in London, playing cricket for the "Gentlemen of England" and supporting himself by carrying out ingenious burglaries. He is called the "Amateur Cracksman," and often, at first, differentiates between himself and the "professors" — professional criminals from the lower classes.
I've also enjoyed Tey, Josephine.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote