View Single Post
Old 02-10-2007, 01:38 PM   #10
Cthulhu
Technologist
Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY Reader PRS-500
Not to be a cynic, but I could see this plan back-firing, at least in terms of proving how easy and wondrous a device the Reader is.

From the various reported problems that I have noted on the Reader forum, it seems that it will be difficult to purchase a Reader, customise it physically, then load it with content and be able to transfer the account--and thus the ability to add or delete material--to another person.

It might work, or it might lead to all sorts of headaches.

I do not own a Reader, and sadly have been unable to inveigle any friends to purchase one, so I do not know firsthand how the connect software functions.

My biggest fear is that, should we collect funds for the Reader, load it with content and ship it to Scotland to get it into Ms. Rowling's hot little hands, there will be any number of problems. Even the simplest little glitch would serve to re-inforce J.K's--in my own view--ridiculously willfully ignorant views of e-boooks. She allows people to listen to the book, to see a screen adaptation--not the actual text--but heaven forfend people read her words on a computer screen!

I wish you luck, but I hope this project does not cause more problems than it solves.
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote