View Single Post
Old 08-29-2017, 11:04 AM   #10
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by elibrarian View Post
Actually you can, but not the way the OP does it.

You can use some sort of "text-expander" software (I use Fastkeys, which is a shell around AutoHotkey). Some of these programs even allows you to restrict the function to a single program.

So if you set, say, every time you press apostrophe, then it should send a y, and trigger immediately, then - well, that's what it does.(Its a bit difficult to explain, but it's easy enough to set up, once you've got the hang of it).

Regards,

Kim
Yes, that's what I meant by needing a lower-level, keyboard-specific program to achieve the effect they wanted. When I said ANY program, I meant like Sigil, calibre, Word, etc... None of those editing-type programs which allow you to define your own keyboard shortcuts (within that program) are going to allow you to assign the 'u' key to a permanent, alternative function. Some memory resident third-party, hotkey-centric application (like the one you mentioned) will be required.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 08-29-2017 at 11:09 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote