View Single Post
Old 08-28-2017, 10:03 AM   #5
evil writer
evil writer began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I have another question related to this, so I'm sticking it here. Hope that's OK.

I recently tried setting the single apostrophe key on my keybaord to give a curly apostrophe in sigil because I never use a straight apostrophe and it was annoying having to always pull down the "insert special character" menu or find and replace straights with curlies after finishing a book (especially as find and replace had to be done one-by-one as sometimes the apostrophes would end up the wrong way around).

I followed the same steps for curly quotes as above. Clip 6 (in my sigil) is now a curly apostrophe, and I made the keyboard shortcut simply the apostrophe key.

It worked for a minute or two, then reverted to straight apostrophe. I tried it several times, but it stayed as a straight apostrophe.

So I even uninstalled and updated to the latest version of sigil, and tried again. Once more it worked for a little while, giving me curly apostrophe whenever I hit the apostrophe key, but then it reverted to straight apostrophe, and once again it won't go back to curly.

I'm wondering if this is some kind of bug ...?
evil writer is offline   Reply With Quote