View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 11:12 PM   #39
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
Ummm....2% is huge...

If your profit margin is 5% on a book and you suddenly realize you can increase your profit by 40% by not spending money on useless things like DRM...

If we look at actual figures: The sales of ebooks in January 2012 was almost 100 Million (99.5)...22 cents times 100 million equals $22 million...in 1 Month!

You think that is pretty cheap??
It could be huge if the profit margin on an ebook is only 5%. I hae always assumed it was higher as many people think ebooks should be much cheaper than paper books,

And if they lose 10% sales by saving 22 cents a book and their profits on ebooks are really the 50% or higher that I have seen mentioned (I don't know how much they make but 5% seems low) then they stand to lose a lot more than the 22 million they are saving.

And remember that that 22 million is not for each publisher. There may be people in publising firms who earn the equivalent 22 cents a book their company sells.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote