View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 01:32 PM   #205
markom
Banned
markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs t1 kindle dx ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by toronado View Post
Is this the same company behind the ill-fated QUE? That was (going to be) a HUGE eInk tablet.

This folding flexible display they are showing is even bigger. MUCH bigger. I want something that big. :-)
Yep, but this time they should name it HUE, at least the colored one, so that all of us can shout and cry after it shedding wistful tears as in "hue and cry".

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoldlyDubious View Post

BTW: if I'm not wrong, neither the spec sheet nor the videos show touchscreen capabilities (maybe they are not compatible with flexibility?). I'd say that for a 10,7" display this is not an issue: once white margins are removed, it can show a Letter/A4 page at nearly full size, so no need for zoom-and-pan (which, for what concerns e-readers, is the only thing at which touchscreens are actually better than physical buttons).
They say there in Additional options:

Tailor-made display sizes and pixel densities; surface finish; touch sensor; front-lighting.

Last year they showed lighted one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AnlRZ9Ohjs

If somebody decides that 10.7" is to big for him, no problem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWVwDGrWjHs

Last edited by markom; 03-29-2013 at 01:55 PM.
markom is offline   Reply With Quote