View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 12:49 AM   #196
toronado
Addict
toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedpeer View Post
I don't know, but I think the current generation iPad with proper PDFs can currently replace textbooks.

What is it that you think this combination can't do?
Well obviously they are doing it now, and the high resolution works well for this. But a larger screen would reduce the amount of panning and zooming.

The cockpit appears cluttered already, so finding the space for a larger, built-in screen might be an issue, but if the engineers go back to the drawing board and design the cockpit with that in mind, it could be done.

As far as textbooks, there is resistance from the publishers, and that is getting in the way, but I would want a larger screen than what the current iPad offers.
toronado is offline   Reply With Quote