View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 03:15 PM   #122
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@mrmikel - right... so we have now established that the buttons did do what they were supposed to do and took you to the right locations.

To remove future confusion I have dropped the "Open Dictionary Location" button from 0.6. I think it made sense when there was only one user location but now there are three locations in total:
  • a hunspell_dictionaries folder in program files (for hunspell dictionaries bundled with sigil)
  • a user specific "hunspell_dictionaries" folder (for where you can add your own hunspell dictionaries)
  • a user specific "user_dictionaries" folder which just contains word lists from using the "add to dictionary" feature within Sigil.
You can get to the latter two folders using the "Open Preferences Location" button, and you should never go near the Program Files one so I think we are covered and simplified by doing this.

While I was typing this I see you have added more info which sounds interesting - I was going to suggest you keep the "default" file open in Notepad++ and take note of exactly after which actions the file content changes and how.