View Single Post
Old 05-12-2021, 05:13 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mims View Post
I know it has been abandoned as far as development, fixing problems, and providing up dates. However, there are still people using it. The owner continues to make ad revenue as long as there are any iOS users. I cancelled my subscription at the end of March and hadn’t used it much until this past week. That’s when I realized that the app was accessing my location without my permission and delivering local ads, very local ads. If he is collecting location data without disclosing and getting permission, what other data and personal info is he collecting and what is he doing with it?

The owner never updated the privacy policy when he purchased the app and won’t have to until he puts through an update-which we know is never going to happen.

Yes, I am angry. I have deleted the app from my phone and iPads. Just think anybody still using this needs to be aware.
Are you sure you didn't select to allow app tracking for CC?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote