View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 07:37 PM   #923
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberDragon View Post
I think I just ran into either a bug or an unforseen case on AO3. Apparently, on AO3, a story can be tagged with multiple series tags, but FFDL only picks up the first series listed when you try to grab the story. You can find a series with several stories that have secondary series tags at http://archiveofourown.org/series/25185 for testing.
As I recall, there are a few sites that allow a story to be in multiple series. But what would FFDL do with them?

Calibre defines one standard series column. You can add custom series columns, the issue is populating them. Even if FFDL had a feature for an extra series, can one story have three series? Four?

And even if the 'second' series for a story is put in a custom series column, if the next story in the same two series list them in the opposite order, it's still not useful. You could end up with:
Code:
Series     Custom Series
A[1]        A[2]
B[2]        B[1]
You couldn't sort correctly on either column.

That said, I am willing to add some AO3 specific extra_valid_entries for additional series. But you'd have to use custom_columns_settings to get them into your secondary custom series column(s). (Another alternative would be to include them in tags or tags-like custom column.)

Does that sound useful to anyone?