View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 11:39 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
And putting on my application developer hat and being a bit nit-picky:

When I worked out what the plugin did (I didn't actually read the full post before trying it), the menu item "Find Similar Books..." started to bug me. It doesn't actually do this. What it does is "Calculate Similarity Scores". To do what you first paragraph states, and the menu item implies, the plugin would need to do the calculation on every book in the library and display a list that had scores greater than defined amount.

A "Reset Scores" option would be a good idea. Calculate the similarity for a set of books, then calculate it for a different set, the two sets of numbers don't have any relationship with each other. This could be a menu option or a setting to clear all the scores before doing a calculation.

Last edited by davidfor; 01-18-2012 at 12:16 AM. Reason: an extra suggestion
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote