Thread: Firmware Update Kindle adds Page Numbers (and more)
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 12:43 AM   #66
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Thumbs up

Yep, the hacks should be fine. I have:
  • Jailbreak
  • Custom Screensavers
  • Screensaver Timeouts
  • Launchpad
  • USBNetwork

and all of them are working well after the 3.1 update. I don't have the fonts hack, but I'm betting that it works fine.

I don't feel that anything is snappier, and I'm quite disappointed that they haven't added support for links that open in new windows for the webkit browser. However, I absolutely love the new articles/section list thing. It's so much nicer looking and easier to use. I can't comment on the page numbers because I haven't noticed them on any of my books. (most of mine are mobi)

Anyways, the bottom line is: If you already have all the hacks installed, go ahead and update. There's nothing bad about the update, and it adds a few nice things (though it leaves a lot to be desired).
kranu is offline   Reply With Quote