View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 01:51 PM   #8
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
I don't understand the use case for a sub 6 inch color ereader, which is what the mirasol is, so far. The main excitement seems to be for magazines and books with images and illustrations. But there's a reason you don't see a lot magazines, children books, or textbooks in pocket size: it's kind of unsatisfying and hence pointless. In that size, you have mostly novels or mainly text materials, like dictionaries and Readers Digest. And b&w e ink is fine for that.

Color e ink would just come off as a poor imitation of LCD. Which is okay, I guess, since you have to start somewhere, but there's a loss of opportunity cost here where less r&d money and man hours are being spent on improving b&w e ink. I want a paper white background, more gray scale levels, higher resolution. Everyone who has seen my kindle remarks on how book like it is. No one has complained about lack of color.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote