View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 08:43 PM   #13
curstpriest
Confused
curstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle DXG
Recovery mode

To enable the recovery mode, reboot and hold the Home-botton when the screen is flashing from black to white.

Connect via USB to a computer and manage the files on the device. Press R to reboot.

Does this work on K3?

http://blogkindle.com/2009/03/kindle-2-recovery-mode/

This alex kid has the exact same avatar as you (mabye it is you?)
he broke his kindle with USBnetwork hack too! awsome

Anyways, try rebooting with usb plugged in, and maybe it will default to usb drive mode before kindle loads its normal firmware? I can't tell that kid's engrish is bad. Try fiddling with recovery mode options.

Alex
July 10th, 2010 at 11:47 am

I’ve tried entering the recovery mode trick and it use to work. Now, for some reason, if you hold the home button while the Kindle is rebooting, the Kindle says: “Type ‘RESET’ to reset to factory defaults”. I think I’ve found out why. I think recovery mode was removed from firmware version 2.5. I think it only worked in version 2.3.
ctduc
July 15th, 2010 at 9:45 am

hi Alex,

you can reenter USB Drive Mode flow below steps:
1. plugin usb
2. restart your kindle
3. you will be on usb drive mode after the progress bar is finish

I thinks a bricked my kindle after try usbNet hack, it not recognize my USB, thanks god I found this

Last edited by curstpriest; 10-20-2010 at 08:52 PM.
curstpriest is offline   Reply With Quote