View Single Post
Old 05-04-2019, 08:29 AM   #176
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookpossum View Post
No, I don’t know it either.

I agree Elizabeth would have known she would have no say in who she was married to. I don’t think there is any proof of the suggestion that she was to be married to Richard, other than a letter addressed to him, which could have been from her or her mother, assuring him of her devotion, or words to that effect. Not necessarily anything to do with marriage.

I think Henry might have been the husband from hell, whatever his mother was! Why do you say Elizabeth wanted to be queen, Catlady? I should think the further away from court, the better.
That's certainly true Henry Vll was pretty bad himself. I found a web page devoted to Margaret Beaufort , that said it was debunking myths for the Mother in Law from Hell status. I guess there are a lot of rumors about this and it seems that people can relate to having a Mother In Law from Hell. Lol. The facts however are that Margaret Beaufort perhaps co reigned with Elizabeth more than anything else. They also dressed alike. I'm sure this would qualify more than anything else. Lol. She also signed her letters Margret R which would make it look like she was Queen instead of just Dowager Queen, and she did work with Elizabeth on charities for the church. She also helped Elizabeth's sister Cecily who married without the King's permission. It was a love match and Margaret supported Cecily when her son was angry about it. Margaret won, so she clearly understood matters of the heart as well. Certainly a good ally when needed.

Edited to add : It would appear this was not the case for her daughter in law Elizabeth. I don't think Margret trusted Elizabeth's judgment after she dumped her son in favor of Richard.

Last edited by Wearever; 05-04-2019 at 10:05 AM.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote