View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 07:42 PM   #8
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I generally convert to .RTF rather than Word because Calibre doesn't handle Word files (or at least it doesn't handle the Word files I've tried). I use Nuance PDF Converter, it OCRs and converts to various formats. It's not a perfect conversion but it's the best I've found for PDFs at a not too bad price.

The problem with the free converters I've tried is that the footers, headers, and page numbers are included in the conversion and then you have to go back and edit out all of that. I haven't compared the OCR in the free converters to the Nuance product but the Nuance program seems much better to me.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote