View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 10:58 PM   #9
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liviu_5 View Post
As reported on various blogs - I do not have an Amazon link for this quote so I do not guarantee 100% accuracy, the Amazon position seems to be:

"The ability to read text aloud is very different from producing an audio version of a written work, so audio distribution rights are not required for any titles currently available as eBooks in the Kindle store."
Yes, that would be Amazon's position, and it appears reasonable to me. Then again, I know of the precedent of LIT restrictions mentioned by others, and don't know all the legalese in the contracts/rights documents...so there may be something of a case here. If the rights holders believe there has been infringement, they have to address it (silly as it may make them look to some observers).
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote