View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 10:18 PM   #6
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
I have noticed that many of the Microsoft LIT books I have purchased have the text to speech option disabled. According to Microsoft this is why:

Quote:
Will all eBooks work with the TTS feature?

No. While the majority of titles presently available in Microsoft Reader format will work with the TTS feature, most of the "premium content" (copy-protected) titles have been published in a format that does not allow for Text-to-Speech.

When will Microsoft fix this TTS problem?

There are two aspects to the TTS solution that will come with time. The first is a technical solution—it simply is not possible for Microsoft to enable this feature with the security needs required to ensure intellectual property protection of copyrighted material; we are working to make it technically feasible in the future.

The second is a policy concern that is out of Microsoft's control; the rights to create and distribute audio files from books are often negotiated separately from the print rights. This area of copyright ownership must be worked out by the other involved parties before there will be a clear path to fully enable this feature.
I wonder if Amazon has negotiated seperate rights for this feature. If not Mr. Aiken may have a point.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote