Thread: writing caret
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 10:07 PM   #10
teh603
Autism Spectrum Disorder
teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger64 View Post
You are right, that's why I spoke about "accent circonflexe". I meant it for a French language user.

BTW, I realize it's also the same problem for "trémas" on a French keyboard, that is "umlaut" (?) in English.

On my Sigil preferences, I chose French language. There are no particular keyboard preferences I can see.
I generally open a blank word processor document, insert the character I want, and then copypasta it into the plain text document I'm writing in something like notepad. Or just use the character map, depending on whether one's available or not. Kubuntu noticeably lacks one.

Another thing I've done is make a scrap file and have special characters that I know I'm going to use in it. For example, if Nyx �� is going to be kicking around a story (that's �� as in Log Natural �� ), I'm going to have it where I can get to it quickly. Ditto for Nyx ∏.

The scrap file is also good for bloopers, outtakes, and stuff so good you want to use it later but don't know exactly where you'll put it.

Edit: That was supposed to be an italic e in there. Guess I should run that unicode test card thru the MR board to see what works and what doesn't? /sweatdrop
teh603 is offline   Reply With Quote