View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 01:01 PM   #1
Criskat
Criskat began at the beginning.

Device: sony pocket reader
Please help! Books and Fonts questions

I have just bought a Sony Pocket Reader which I have wanted for a long time but I have to say I'm not very happy with it. If anyone can help me understand it I would be very thankful.

First I don't understand the charging system, the manual says the computer can't be in sleep mode or reboot while it's charging because it could cause malfunction. My computer reboots on its own sometimes, what am I supposed to do? What would be the extent of this problem?

I don't like the fonts that came with the device. I'm trying to fix this but I can't find the right way. I have been using Book Designer and then Calibre (Sony Library stopped working in less then 24hrs after installation!) and it seems to work but some of the books can take more than 10 minutes to open for the first time! This can't be right. The first time it did this I started pressing buttons, tried to turn it off and it went crazy. This made me think this is a delicate thing and I hate delicate gadgets. Now I just wait patiently but I would like to find out if it's my mistake and why does it open only some books quickly?

Besides I didn't find any good font yet. It just cannot be this hard to use.

Sorry about the english mistakes.
Criskat is offline   Reply With Quote