View Single Post
Old 06-26-2019, 01:46 PM   #11
JawadLeLogeur
Zealot
JawadLeLogeur is a jewel in the roughJawadLeLogeur is a jewel in the roughJawadLeLogeur is a jewel in the roughJawadLeLogeur is a jewel in the roughJawadLeLogeur is a jewel in the roughJawadLeLogeur is a jewel in the roughJawadLeLogeur is a jewel in the roughJawadLeLogeur is a jewel in the roughJawadLeLogeur is a jewel in the roughJawadLeLogeur is a jewel in the roughJawadLeLogeur is a jewel in the rough

Device: Kobo Forma 4.15.12920
Thanks for the help!

So after a cold boot, I enabled WiFi from the Settings menu. Then I picked 'Join a Wi Fi network': the Scanning for networks progress bar almost reached the end, but then it defaults to No Wi Fi networks found. I tried the add network function with various networks but no luck. Toggling the Wi Fi from the top icon yields the same result: no Wi Fi networks found. From KOreader the error message is the same as in the OP.

I unzipped the .tgz you provided in the .kobo folder, then let it reboot. Nothing changed compared to what I described above.

I then unzipped the kfmon uninstall .tgz in the .kobo folder after perusing your github page. Nothing changed with Wi Fi, but the script worked as intended and kfmon was uninstalled (only the pngs remained)

At this point I just opted to do a factory reset. Then it turned out I had the same Wi Fi issue at setup. Lawd give me strength. 😂 I ended up installing Kobo Desktop to configure the device. At this point I'm not sure what else to do. I have no idea how I managed to brick the Wi Fi. Perhaps reinstall some firmware?

To be honest, the only reason I need Wi Fi is for Pocket. Maybe there is a way to update Pocket periodically by connecting to USB?
JawadLeLogeur is offline   Reply With Quote