Thread: W3C Validator
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2018, 11:38 AM   #1
JustinThought
Groupie
JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Tab-3 7"
W3C Validator

Good morning, all. I was working with Sigil 0.9.10, and I noticed something new. I've often clicked on the stylesheet in the Book Browser window, sending it to W3C for a checkout. I'll get back to that here in a minute.

But today, as I went to run a report, I accidentally clicked on "Validate Stylesheets with W3C" instead, and I noticed that besides sending the stylesheet for verification, a second tab opened that showed me the verification status of the text area as well. (I'm happy to say that it came up clean!)

But I wonder if it would be more accurate to change the menu item to read "Validate e-book with W3C" instead.

Now, back to the verification of the stylesheet. Whenever using this function, it always comes back bellyachin' about the external fonts I have in my stylesheet, stating that "font-family" (and several aspects of the same vein) don't exist in level 2.1. But when I go to W3C's validation menu and resend the e-book from there, it re-checks it at level 3 and comes back clean. So I'm wondering--am I pushing my e-books (as I'm creating them) past acceptable limits by including embedded fonts--should I instead be creating level 3 books to accomplish what I'm looking for? Or would it be better for the menu item to instead send it for checking at level 3 (if that's driven from there)?

Thanks in advance!
JustinThought is offline   Reply With Quote