View Single Post
Old 11-28-2017, 08:11 AM   #4181
gingerbeardman
Zealot
gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Sony Readers, Kobo Touch Edition, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
There is not going to be any further development. The developers have moved on. Also, newer Readers such as Kobo do a lot of what PRS+ does but with a better screen, faster processor, and a front light.
"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

PRS+ is open source so continued development is entirely possible if anybody on Earth feels like doing so. Like me, for example. I've already made some changes and have built my own installer/update locally.

My query was more what should I do with it after I'm done? If there really isn't a current official repository (there may be) I will simply start my own repo/fork on GitHub.

And you know what? I don't want to buy a Kobo or a Kindle or any other reader. I have this PRS-650 and I'm happy using it as it works just fine indeed. I'd appreciate it if this could be the last of your preaching for people to buy new devices.

If you have nothing constructive to add to a thread please do not reply to it at all.

edit: I've received a thumbs-up from the OP @kartu who is one of the original developers, who also pointed me to the repo i should fork (I'd found it anyway but it's good to have it confirmed) https://github.com/kartu/prs-plus/

Last edited by gingerbeardman; 11-28-2017 at 05:22 PM. Reason: approval and pointing to repo
gingerbeardman is offline   Reply With Quote