View Single Post
Old 08-07-2017, 09:07 AM   #4173
MikeB1972
Gnu
MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook,JetBook Lite,PRS-300-350-505-650,+ran out of space to type
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The problem is that the return you' get from fixing up PRS+ is almost non-existent. Most people who used PRS+ have moved on as their Sony batteries died. Plus, with Readers such as Kobo, there's no need for PRS+. So not only do you no longer need PRS+, but you get a Reader that's faster, more reliable, handles hi-res images much much better, has a significantly better higher res screen with more contrast, font light, newer version RMDSK, and maybe a larger screen.
Depends on what you want Jon.
My 650 is still in daily use as the reader I use on my lunch at work (Kobo Aura HD at home).
My 350 is still my travel reader of choice (over my Kobo Mini)

So I probably read on a Kobo slightly more than a Sony, but not by much.

Reliability has never been an issue with any of my Sony Readers (My 505 still works ).
And browsing folders is still preferable to me than managing collections.

Saying that though, can't say I've seen a lot of bugs in PRS+.
MikeB1972 is offline   Reply With Quote