View Single Post
Old 05-31-2014, 07:49 PM   #13
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
They can, just as easily as they can with an iPad or an iPhone...Not that I believe that "blind folks should be satisfied with one" way to read, but yes...the blind can use the HDX unaided.

Shari
Well the very few blind people I know are always amazing me with how they manage. My aunt has a device that reads from CDS and she can order them and insert them etc. How she knows which one is which is beyond my knowledge as she has asked me to read titles and line them up for her etc. but I know that she has in some way managed without help at times.

Just to be clear, you are saying that someone who is completely blind can order a HDX and unbox it, order a book and start reading eventually? No help, no computer, no prior experience? I am sure it would be more difficult but if this is at all possible, I will look into it and order one for my aunt.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote