View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 09:44 PM   #15334
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post

Next, I'll try Brave New World by Aldous Huxley.
Shocking! I can not believe how shocked I was reading this. Electrocuting babies, hypnopaedia, soma, "orgyporgy," sex drive surrogate, "Fordship," death conditioning and decanting. I wonder what the book's reception was in 1932. The conditioning jingles were brilliant creations. Some interesting science such as the wireless hat, "feelies," genetic manipulations, taxicopters, sound boxes using paper disks, scenting, "cartridge belts." And the proper names were a hoot.

Overall, many interesting ideas. And how Huxley works them through the various characters is amazing. Rated B [4 stars].

It still shocks.

Next will be a new author for me The Bone Collector by Jeffery Deaver.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote