View Single Post
Old 08-06-2008, 04:44 PM   #30
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post
"There is nothing in the record," O'Scannlain wrote, "to indicate that the manner in which the [customs] officers conducted the search was 'particularly offensive' in comparison with other lawful border searches. According to Arnold, the [customs] officers simply 'had me boot (the laptop) up, and looked at what I had inside.'"
Sounds like Arnold didn't take any precautions as all, then. A dual-boot set-up or some obfuscation (like assigning a bogus file-type to the image files) or encryption would have let him slide through with no problem at all. Guy must have been a bit arrogant to think that he and his laptop were immune from inspection.

Were I to engage in unlawful behavior -- whether or not I agreed with the law -- I think I'd be a bit more paranoid and employ some level of personal protection.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote