View Single Post
Old 03-15-2007, 05:17 PM   #2
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
There is a problem. Mine does not do that and I suspect if many did there would be a total recall. Since the problem is most likly in the charger, call Sony and see if they can just exchange the charger. This means that you can still recharge using the USB (as long as it does not completely drain, someone else mentioned that if the battery is completely dead only the charger will work to start the recharge.)

I don't expect that they will want you to return the whole unit. However, if the second charger still produces the same problem then it is the unit.

As an alternative you might try charging from a PSP adapter if you have one around or know of someone that has one. I use a PSP adapter tip on my iGo Juice universal charger and there was a thread a time back where someone made a charger from standard parts available at any Radio Shack store.

Welcome to the Land of Pleasent Reading.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote