View Single Post
Old 10-29-2019, 07:29 PM   #11
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 9.7, iPad 10.5, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
When you have an EOL Apple product and a new update comes out, you should know it's a security update. Apple does not update EOL products without a very good reason.
I have an iPad Pro 10.5 as my primary device.

The iPad 4 is merely a secondary device (more like septenary actually) that I kept on iOS 6 for posterity (last skeuomorphic iOS UI). The firmware on it is too old that it can't actually do a straight update to 10.3.4. On Settings > General > Software Update, it only shows 8.4.1 (which it wouldn't even allow me to install OTA anyhow). If I hadn't been active on MacRumors, I wouldn't even know about this particular update.

Security isn't a concern on the iPad 4 considering its usage (comics, ebooks and fanfics, nothing that requires authentication). If it was just a security update, I wouldn't even bother installing. In this case though, the update is actually necessary to keep the device working.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote