View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009, 08:55 AM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metathron View Post
What's the best text format to be used on it, in your opinion?
HarryT's right. At the moment, Mobipocket, no question. Get the free Mobipocket Converter if you're on Windows. Otherwise Calibre does a decent job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metathron View Post
The trash can button on the left hand side doesn't work (in version 1.0, I've found out). I found a 1.2 update/patch on Bookeen's home page, but the instructions said I had to copy the file to an SD device or some such, but I don't have that. Why can't I just copy it to the reader itself???
The 1.2 build 796 doesn't have the delete button working either. We're told that the next firmware update (due 'real soon now') will fix this.

Do experiment with fonts - just put in the fonts folder. I'm fond of Fontin (free!). http://www.josbuivenga.demon.nl/fontin.html You want the PC (TTF) version.

The next firmware version will (we're told) come in two versions - one supporting Mobipocket and one supporting ePUB. But don't hold your breath for it.

Get an SD Card - any SD Card up to 2GB should work fine. And they're dirt cheap now.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote