View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 07:15 AM   #8
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adoby View Post
Are you sure you aren't sorting on the approximate formats? That might explain the speed boost.

I remember rebuilding databases over weekends to improve performance. Like defragmenting a harddrive. Not sure if sqlite benefits from that... Perhaps that was what happened when you removed and added the formats column?
Adoby, I did not know about approx formats until I read your post, my observations on improved performance occurred earlier - definitely on the {formats} variant. I now have both columns - scrolling performance is the same (i.e. good) irrespective of whether neither, either or both are displayed and sorting on either is the same too - damn quick.

If the formats column is based on the book folder contents then I wouldn't have thought sqllite database optimising would help much. It has to be something in the Windows NTFS file system - I haven't installed anything new - hardware or sofware.

Win 7 defrags on the fly, maybe its reached an optimal state so that my Library has become packed onto adjacent tracks - the amount of IO seeks appears to be very small as I browse the library. I click on a cover in the cover browser and the book pops up in a viewer more or less instantly.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote