View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 10:28 PM   #1414
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven522 View Post
...So far the only thing Dresden that I have not enjoyed was the awful television version that came out a few years back. I couldn't make it all the way through one episode.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Hmmmm....Since I disagree with your sentiment on the TV show, I feel the need to explain further (Nyssa and I along with some other folks have had similar discussions before).

Odds are that you began reading the book series first then viewed and highly disliked the TV series' interpretation of Harry and his friends and exploits. Whereas I watched the entire series before seeking out the book series.

I did this because I missed my weekly sojourns into the Chicago of Harry Dresden. I'd noted right from the first televised episode the opening credits saying that the show was based on The Dresden files books by Jim Butcher.

Of course I liked the book series even more (much much more) than I had the TV show. But to this day I still like the TV show a lot, in fact because of your post I've just re-watched the first 4 episodes and liked them just as much as I always have. In fact I'll probably watch 4 more to-nite, and probably the final 4 on Sunday. Don't feel at fault, your post was just a trigger as I do this every year. Enjoy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven522 View Post
True. I had started with the novels early-on and was very excited when I heard about a TV series... and then actually tried to watch it.
Well it took me longer than I figured on. I just finished re-watching the 12 The Dresden Files TV episodes. Enjoyed them a whole lot, as I usually do. In fact I'm going to re-watch the entire Firefly TV series next!.

I was looking at videos on YouTube a few days ago and viewed a trailer for a movie to be released next summer called The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones and thought to myself, 'I believe that that's the first book of Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instruments series'. So I decided that I was going to read it next. I just completed reading City of Bones and enjoyed it so much that I went and picked up a copy of the next one in the series, City of Ashes and have begun reading it. Cassandra Clare should meet Jim Butcher as she seems to love beating her main characters to a pulp much like Jim Butcher does.

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote