View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 09:36 PM   #71
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I voted for AK as the least unappealing of the likely alternatives, but I assure you, 1984 would never had gotten my vote. Talk about dated and irrelevant! It might have been meaningful in 1948, but over 60 years later it's hackneyed and dull. Not at all a book for the ages.
I think 1984 is dated, but less dull then the tomb called AK. AK is dull and long and that's a poor combination (IMHO). I didn't vote AK as I have better things to do with my life then fall asleep every time I try to read AK.

But seriously, I do think we should have some votes that only allow modern books to be nominated with authors who are still alive and have written a book in at least a year past. Sometimes it does get dull with all those musty old books.

Last edited by JSWolf; 05-26-2011 at 09:38 PM.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote