View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 10:26 AM   #60
lenseman
The Avatar
lenseman can extract oil from cheeselenseman can extract oil from cheeselenseman can extract oil from cheeselenseman can extract oil from cheeselenseman can extract oil from cheeselenseman can extract oil from cheeselenseman can extract oil from cheeselenseman can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-600
I think it will take quite some time before people make a full transition over to ebooks. At the end of the day it is still a purchase of something either way. When the internet first became really popular and we witnessed what some refer to as the death of magazines it was because people realized they could read the same material found in a magazine on the internet for free. That made it a lot easier for many to transition away from print magazines completely within a fairly short period of time. With ebooks and ereaders you are still buying each book and I some people the idea of buying a book is subconsciously linked to the deeply rooter memory of sitting down with a book and flipping through the pages; enjoying that comes after the purchase if you will.

For others like me I tend to now get novels in ebook format and reserve my print purchases to graphic novels. I read a lot more graphic novels than I used to so I'm sure my buying 'stats' for printed books looks roughly the same.

Last edited by lenseman; 01-20-2011 at 10:28 AM.
lenseman is offline   Reply With Quote