View Single Post
Old 10-25-2010, 01:48 PM   #9
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by OakIris View Post
Back to my original question - if there is no ISBN number in the metadata box, then the program searches both the ISBN database and Google Books, is that correct?
Correct (assuming you have the ISBNDB key set up, otherwise it only uses Google). It uses other databases for add'l metadata using the ISBN found in those databases. If you have already specified an ISBN, that overrides the author/title search stage for ISBN (which is why Kovid told you to remove it - it might have been wrong or for a related, but different book.)

Last I counted, there were five metadata plugins and two cover metadata plugins. It's not always obvious where metadata is coming from.
Quote:
I will do as Starson17 suggested and simplify the search terms - I thought you had to put the full title and the complete author's name so that was what I was doing.
That's the best way to find metadata when the initial search is empty or not good enough. I may start with an ISBN, if that fails, remove it and search on full author/title, if that fails, search on title only, if that fails, search on partial author, partial title, etc.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote