View Single Post
Old 04-10-2010, 04:48 PM   #86
Fat Abe
Man Who Stares at Books
Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All of the Above
Finally, the Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaul1114 View Post
Yep, at the end of the day that's all that matters. Your own experience.
I agree with you entirely. Those lucky enough to find the reader that works well with their eyes and their reading environment are indeed blessed. We should not feel the need to proselytize others on what they should find comfortable, based on marketing, or even scientific, studies.

We can, however, offer advice about how we optimized readers for our own situations. For example, I use a large Sony Bravia display for computer work, which includes a great deal of reading and research. For the iPad, I purchased an Apple bluetooth keyboard to adjust the brightness of the screen. (Not all apps have readily available brightness controls). The three e-ink readers I own present challenges in getting enough uniform light on the displays. Here I have resorted to soft white lightbulbs as well as a Bowens tri-light fixture. Whatever works, no matter how kludgy it may appear to be.
Fat Abe is offline   Reply With Quote