View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 07:32 AM   #9
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Haven't yet made up my mind to form an opinion yet, except it was interesting to see a decription of the Internet. I last read this about 14-15 years ago, a few years before I properly started to use the Internet. It's interesting how much my perception of the story has because my environment has changed. And perhaps my English has gotten better in the mean time

I have two questions:

- Why do you think the star constellation Kuno describes to to Vashti is that of Orion? (i.e. why this exact constellation?)

- Do you have any idea of the intention behind choosing the name 'Vashti' for the protagonist? If there is one - or Forster just wanted two names from different cultures.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote