View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 10:10 AM   #32
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo62 View Post
/mnt/free shows the content of the internal memory of the iLiad - that means /books and so on.

Of course I will help to find out whats the problem. If you tell me how to connect to the iLiad and what to do I will try to give my best.
Ok, you will need some minor command line skills.

First you'll need to install an SSH server onto your Iliad, search for dropbear [1].
Then run it and annotate the IP of your Iliad.

Use a ssh client from your computer to connect to your Iliad.
In Linux/Mac you can use "$ ssh root@iliad_ip" from a terminal.
In windows you can use putty, a free wonderful SSH client.
[the first time you connect you should change the password, be careful to remember it, [1]]

Connect to your Iliad and change to the root directory where ToolBox was installed,
export your DISPLAY settings to the IP of your Iliad (192.168.2.8 in my case), and
run the program from the command line.
For example:
Code:
root@ereader:~$ cd /media/card/Programs/Toolbox/
root@ereader:/media/card/Programs/Toolbox$ export DISPLAY=192.168.2.8:0.0
root@ereader:/media/card/Programs/Toolbox$ lua _files/Toolbox.lua | ./_files/xx -p
interact with the application and look at the output on the terminal if it crashes.

[1] https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37040
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote