View Single Post
Old 10-25-2009, 05:26 PM   #5
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
It very much depends upon how the pdf is formatted. Some are perfect for ereaders, others are awful. I try the pdf on my 505, and if it looks fine, I keep it as a pdf. If it looks awful, I delete it and go back to the file on computer, see if it allows "copy to clipboard" (this is usually found under edit), if it does, I try to reformat it in Word. I devised an ereader template. Sometimes, this looks great. If it still looks a bit off, I wizz the rtf file through Calibre to convert to lrf. This usually works.

I hope this helps.

As to which reader: I'm not fond of either the 300 or the 600 and would advise trying to find a 505, even a second hand one. As previous posters have mentioned, it depends what functions you want in the reader. If you mainly want it for reading, rather than notation, the 300 might be better. If, like me, you prefer a large font, the smaller screen might be a bit of an issue.

Welcome to MR.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote