View Single Post
Old 07-12-2009, 05:13 PM   #24
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
How many people that you know do not wear a watch because they they have time display on their phone? I know one such person.
I confess that I'm one of those persons. It has also replaced my MP3 player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richman View Post
I believe that netbooks COULD kill off ereaders when the eink tech is one option on the netbook, they are in the pipeline, and should be coming out within year or so. So you can then switch it to eink or lcd regular mode, and get good battery life in eink mode. and when they can have swivel screen, when in eink mode screen on top, then swivel screen and open and switch to regular computer lcd backlight mode for movie mode.
There is no, nor will there ever be a screen that can be both LCD and eInk. The two technologies are physically too different. Now there is the Pixel QI technology, which allows you to have both a reflective LCD and a backlit one at the flip of a switch. Those dodos at Engadget have created a lot of confusion here... since until very recently they referred to any reflective display as "eInk", even when it clearly wasn't.

Anyways, though the Pixel QI screens seem to be a massive improvement, even their spokesperson admits that eInk still has better contrast and lower power consumption.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote